Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Healing

I feel so much better.

Today was an amazing day. I slept last night (I’m now 3 for 3 when it comes to sleeping away my call nights), I got to do some amazing surgeries, I ate with no problem, and it was absolutely beautiful outside. Today a lot of people were asking me what day I leave, when am I coming back, and telling me what a great job I did and it felt good. (seriously my consultant wanted to know my program director’s number to ask for two more weeks…that would be nice but Rachelle would kill me if she had to change the schedule for the 100th time). All I could do was think about how good God is. I’ve been a part of some pretty cool healing here that I couldn’t have planned for. Typically I would usually share one particular tremendous story that sticks out as an example, but I don’t have just one. It’s every single patient that we’ve treated, hasn’t experienced a complication, and gets healing whether it is medicinal or spiritual that has renewed my excitement in being able to work like this for Him. Plus, I get to spend a month in Kenya, doing what I love to do in one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. My mother’s favorite Psalm is Psalm 100 and that was all I could think of today. There are five verses but the part that I kept hearing was this: It is He who made us and we are his…For the Lord is good. That says it all, better than I ever could.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well! Time goes pretty fast doesn't it? You're not missing much here... it's just going to be colder when you get back, haha.

    ReplyDelete